March 29, 2011

IUI 1: Day 1

As soon as I hit "publish post" I got my period. Literally.

So, today is officially "day 1" and the ride is beginning. I wasn't expecting to start for another couple days, so it's a bit of a shock and a bit of bad timing. See, April was my big month of travel...and I thought, until today, that with the timing of things I'd have one free and clear week that coincides perfectly without me travelling...and well, now that day 1 is here - my day 12 lands smack in the middle of a trip that has long been planned and anticipated...a trip 'home' to LexVegas for a reunion of many friends. After some freaking out - and a call to SEDW and Vee, I was able to find out from my nurse and doctor that a slight change in my schedule (on both mine and the treatment parts) should allow a nice compromise. I'll go to LexVegas as planned, but come home a day early...just starting my Clomid one day later - so that I can trigger on day 13. That means as of right now, and assuming I'm all systems go on day 13 - we'll do the IUI on April 11 and 12th!

It's so crazy how fast this train is moving. Almost like there hasn't been a second to question or to even slow down...we've just been going full steam ahead ever since our first appointment (it was a month ago today). It's also amazing to me to think of the full gamut of emotions I have felt in that time. Confused, sad, anxious, irritable, overwhelmed, excited, ready...

...and, today I know one thing: I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment