December 27, 2011

December 12: The Day We Found Out What Color To Paint Your Room


Baby A!

Baby B

There are my baby BOYS!!!!!

At our 16 week ultrasound, the tech asked us if we wanted to find out what we were having, and of course we said YES! After the surprise of being pregnant, then the news that we were expecting twins, we felt certain that we didn't need to wait until you were born to get another surprise! I was convinced you were a boy and a girl - but when the ultrsound tech told us that you were each a boy, it was completely overwhelming. I have to admit...I didn't know what in the world I was going to do with two little guys at first! I think it's because of growing up in a family where it was just me and my sister...boys were just such foreign concepts to me. But after a couple of hours, all I could think about was how awesome it will be to see you grow up on this land - playing in the dirt, and exploring, and doing gross boy things!!! I love that you both will always have a buddy, and that you are two of the same, and that you will have so many things to do and learn as you grow up. Also, your father will have help to tend to the garden, bees, and landscaping. I figure I'll have to teach you about things like football, basketball, and drinking beer as your French papa isn't really as in tune with those things ;-)!

You're also quite the travellers thus far. My job has had me travelling quite a bit over the last couple of years, and this year, I've spent much time commuting to Atlanta - so you've been on an airplane to Atlanta several times, as well as to the UK at the end of November, then your dad and I went on a vacation to Hawaii the first week of December. You were also with me as I went to Columbus, OH, where my side of the family lives for a couple weeks this month. Unfortunately, your great-grandfather, my grandfather, got very sick and passed away on December 21. It has been a very sad time, but we have been surrounded in love, and he was so excited about you boys.

It looks like my job will be coming to an end in the next week, and I will get to spend the next four months before your arrival really focusing on you and getting ready for you to come! We have our next ultrasound in 17 days, where they will do a big scan of all your anatomy to make sure you both are growing and developing as perfectly as I know you are!

OH! And we have picked your names...we think. We definitely have picked one...and are pretty sure about the other, but your momma is kind of indecisive, and the bad thing about that is that we still have many more weeks to go. The good thing is we can always change our minds because we're not telling anyone until you arrive...
18 weeks and 3 days down...half way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment